consumerism
I found this picture and this means a lot as you can see there's a hidden message in the picture. The image says FREE CHOICE but the hidden message says "is an illusion they want you". I like this picture because it gives a lot to see. At first i didn't understand what it was saying but then when you clearly look at this picture you see that the little logos or marks that represent the company in the picture. If you look closely you can see company's from MC Dondals, Men's Health, PC, MAC, and to others you can think of. This picture represents my theme because consumerism is started from these corps. Most of the pictures that I've posted are about consumerism. I also know that I've been shopping at theses types of stores too. Yes consumerism got me in their palms, but I've been noticing that I haven't been going shopping and bargaining for materials and stuff for a while. I've been resisting consumerism.I think that consumerism is how we all get our money from for example if we don't buy stuff we can afford to feed our families cause there wont be any jobs. so it is also important that we shop too. But over shopping is too much, i guess it's normal for a human being to over shop without knowing it. I guess that why they invented the check list to limit the items people buy, but that never helps. i chose these pictures because it was eye catching to me and it shows little to what i like. the influence is probally the colors and the message that its sending to me. Like its absoring me into buying the item. I would say that by understanding the different types of themes makes life a lttle more understanding, it explains a lot about life and about what humans do without knowing it. For exmaple over this school year we've been reading different types of books with different themes, story line, and moral, but each of them is a learning experince. i think that i've learned to be influence by the people who i think are succesful in life and reached a good life. i might had also got this from my parents, they want all their kids to be good in life and achieve things in the future, sure they lecture a lot but they want whats best for us. In Feed consumerism is everywhere even in conversations. our narrator Titus is really liking consumerism, he buys things out of nowhere. he orders stuff he himself don't even like but just do the fun or it. When Titus went to the moon which totally sucked for him. All his feed was telling was what store to visit and where to stay. the feed was his consumerism even if he didn't go but it himself he bought it through the mail. Towards the end of the book Titus is feeling bad about violet after he went to visit her. He has a meltdown about their relationship, he order a whole bunch of jeans that he'll never be able to wear all of them, but i think that he only did that because he didn't want to end up like violet who is going to die.
Sometimes when i'm at the store i feel like this. All of theses are the same thing but what to buy what's better and what's cheaper.
This picture totally says what consumerism is, all you see at the mall is signs and AD'S.
Pretty colors and tropical setting is getting to me.


No comments:
Post a Comment